3/7 – Episode 4

Summary

I think that people should see this situation as something more than a country going through a lot of Brega because they went along with this situation by themselves, their president ignored their situation and just saw it as a way to show up publicity but deep down without the news, the 428 section and the support of people outside of Puerto Rico they would never recover from situations like that.

Is the struggle to obtain independence for Puerto Rico really worth it? Because if they act as an individual country, what stops them from their independence?

Episode 4, “Vieques and the Promise To Build Back Better.” In the last class discussions, we see how Puerto Rico was affected after Hurricane Maria. President Trump’s response to the island’s situation was useless, since only a few interviews were conducted that came to nothing in concrete to help Puerto Rico and its current situation. The governor was in the throes of having to deal with section 428 of the law that allows him to bring in aid from the US government and make repairs to houses damaged by the hurricane, but with this came the risk that it would only put Puerto Rico in a much worse debt than it was. Ending with the situation that the hospitals and the country itself were letting people die due to the lack of electricity, food, money and medical assistance that was lacking on the island after the hurricane.

2 thoughts on “3/7 – Episode 4

1. Roosenaele Remfort

I feel like Puerto Rico have a lot of independence cause some will do anything to stay survive and do thing their way but I feel like they losing their independence cause they only rely on the U.S government and think they will do everything for them so I feel like them relying on the U.S government stop them for being independent.